In lieu of recent events (Mommy burning her thumb on the baking tray), Mr. N thought it would be a good idea to share his “Kitchen Safety Tips.” Unlike Miss A (who often breaks rules 11, 12 and 19), Mr. N is quite concerned about his safety and the safety of others. And he’s often quick to point out when Miss A is violating any of the rules below. Enjoy!
1. Be sure to wear good oven mitts.
2. Kids shouldn’t touch raw meat – and if they do, they need to wash their hands.
3. Be sure to wash your hands before and after cooking.
4. Wash your hands after cracking eggs.
5. Put long hair into a pony tail.
6. Kids should never touch the stove or oven.
7. Don’t touch the dish disposal.
8. Only chop with a sharp knife with a grown-up.
9. Let food cool before sampling.
10. No more than one person on one stool and be careful.
11. No standing on the kitchen table.
12. No climbing on the counters.
14. If you spill ice out of the ice maker, pick it up off the floor.
15. Don’t leave cabinets or drawers open or you can bump your head.
17. Do not put your hands near the inside of the blender.
18. Don’t touch the blade part of a knife.
19. No running in the kitchen.
20. Have fun!