Mandy at The Complete Cook Book recently posted a “Get to Know You Series,” and it was a lot of fun to read. So since we’re away from our kitchen (sneak peak of where we are below), we figured this was a good time to share in the fun. Feel free to join along in the comments or on your blogs as well. Have fun and enjoy the rest of the week.
1. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Mike – Coffee; Kristy – San Pellegrino Limonata; Mr. N – Strawberry Lemonade; Miss A – Sparkling Grape Juice
2. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Mike – Red Wine; Kristy – Red Wine or Champagne
3. What is your favorite food?
Mike – Pizza; Kristy – Sushi; Mr. N – Pizza; Miss A – Quesadillas
4. What is your least favorite food?
Mike – Brie; Kristy – Beets; Mr. N – Beets; Miss A – Beets (no beet love here!)
5. What do you eat that others think is really weird?
Mike – Salt on Pizza; Kristy – Applesauce on Bread; Mr. N – Pesto (kids at school don’t quite get it); Miss A – Goldfish Crackers in Yogurt
6. What is your favourite thing to cook/bake?
Mike – Anything on the Smoker; Kristy – Pies and Sauces; Mr. N – Banana Bread; Miss A – Lemon Tarts
7. If you could only chose one, would it be sweet or savory?
Mike – Sweet; Kristy – Savory; Mr. N – Sweet; Miss A – Savory
8. What time do you usually eat your dinner during the week?
Mike and Kristy – either with the kids around 5:30 or after they go to bed around 9:00; Mr. N and Miss A – between 5:30 and 6:00
9. What kitchen item/s have you never owned?
Ice Cream Maker
10. What tip would you give to a newbie cooker / baker?
Mike – Be Patient; Kristy – Don’t be afraid to experiment; Mr. N – Have fun making it; Miss A – Put things in it you think will be good
11. What is the best vegetarian dish you have eaten?
M – Lentil burgers; Kristy – Vegetable lasagna, risotto or pasta; Mr. N – Salad; Miss A – Pasta
I should note here that we may have to revisit who won this year’s chopped challenge. While Miss A and I were declared winners, Mike’s lentil burgers are the only dish ever to have been repeated from a chopped challenge. They are really good and relatively easy to make.
12. What is the easiest meal you can cook?
Mike – Quesadillas; Kristy – Pasta; Mr. N – Peanut Butter & Jellies; Miss A – Pizza
13. If you could only grow 3 herbs in your garden, what would you grow?
Mike – Basil, sage and cilantro; Kristy – Basil, sage and rosemary; Mr. N – Basil, sage and parsley; Miss A – Basil, thyme and sage
14. What would you use as a substitute for salt?
Mike – Chili powder; Kristy – Cumin; Mr. N – Pepper; Miss A – Sugar
15. What 5 items would you pack for a quick and easy picnic or day out?
Mike – Havarti, Triscutts, grapes, salami and red wine; Kristy – white wine, brie, grapes, crackers and fig jelly; Mr. N – Bananas, pistachios, celery, peanut butter and water; Miss A – Mozzarella, grapes, ham, juice and more cheese
Thanks for the fun Mandy! Have a great week everyone. Now, back to vacation. :)